Baby Bookworm

 
>><<
 
"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man."
Luke 2:52
 
>><<
 
I have never been a bookworm.  I like to read and when I actually take the time to read a book and love it, I can't put it down!  But that is so rare, sadly. 
 
It's been so sweet to see Kyler's love for books flourish especially in the last couple of months! He will sit in front of his bookshelf for minutes (that is good for him) looking at books.  He doesn't like me reading them to him, that gets old fast.  And pages get ripped.  So, for now, I just let him look and flip the pages on his own for the most part. I don't think he loves them just for their tastiness, but I think that's a plus in his mind. ;)
 
 
 
I want to remember sweet little moments in his room like this one I captured the other day. 
 
I recently put his bookshelf in his closet to make room for his toy box and eventually another bed when new baby comes.  It's such a nice big closet, I think he likes the little nook it has become. I can hide the big mess he makes by closing the closet doors too! Haha.
 
 
 
 
There is something about watching my hyper boy just sit there and look at books.  I pray that his imagination will grow in positive ways and also his love for learning. 
 
 
It reminds me of the verse I put at the top about Jesus.  Jesus was the Son of God, yet He was still a boy who desired to grow and learn.  He did just that and lived a perfect life. 
 
As a Christian, "little Christ", I am supposed to model the life of Christ and be like Him!  My prayer for Kyler is that he will personally give his life to Christ as well and want to be like Him.
 
Like I mentioned before, it's so refreshing to see him looking at his little books and learning at a young age.  Showing appreciation for education! That is so important.
 
But more importantly, and most importantly, I hope that he will have a thirst for the knowledge of God.
 
 
No matter what this little boy decides to do with his life in the way of an education and career, I will be perfectly happy and content and feel like a successful parent if Kyler lives his life for the Lord. 
 
With him being his daddy's boy, I have no doubt that whatever he does, it will be great!  With the Lord on his side though...anything is possible.  I can't wait to see Kyler's life unfold before our very eyes.
 
 
 
I pray that Kyler would be like Jesus.  That he would increase in wisdom, stature, and favor with God and man. 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment