Kyler's One Year Photo Shoot


>><<
This kid.  He is 18 months old today. A whole YEAR and HALF.  In honor of that, here are some pictures from his One Year photo shoot.
There was a time when I didn't know him.  I didn't know the little boy with dark brown, sparkly eyes who lives to go "owside" and get the "bawl" and play with the rocks.  I didn't know him or his funny quirks like purposefully bonking his head on something and saying "boom" or "ouch". 

Knowing Kyler and getting to spend almost every minute of every day taking care of him, playing with him and loving him is pure joy! I didn't say fun. Let's be honest here, not every minute with kids is fun or happy. But the truly happy/fun moments make up for the hard, drive-you-insane moments like a thousand+ times. 
I'm even thankful for the hard, messy moments.  God has grown me tremendous amounts using this tiny human and for that I am so grateful! 

I remember a time when I would have felt left out if I had to stay home for responsibility purposes or if I had to go home early for some reason instead of eating out late with friends. These things happen constantly now and it all started on May 4th 2013.  And it's totally okay with me.


I believe it is truly God in me + the BIG love I have for Kyler that keeps the social butterfly from exploding inside. Not that we don't do anything anymore or go anywhere. We do a lot and see a lot of people! Kyler LOVES meeting new people and going places. But it's definitely more limited.


A lot of days, I really would rather, in my heart of hearts, BE home with my little family. Cuddling in bed, watching Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, and eating peanut butter crackers and apples. Nurturing this baby boy physically and spiritually is our priority and family time, time spent at home, playing outside are all so important in his life right now. Photo shoots with an old chair and lots of colorful balloons are too. ;)


I love being his mommy and I thank God for His gift of Kyler Jace Marks to us exactly one year and six months ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment