Loving Your Man


                  

                                                                        
A note to my husband:

Thanks for loving me. I know you do because of the way you pursued me and my heart when we were just 15. The way you waited and saved yourself for only me. You respected me and my family and waited maturely for the day you could call me your wife and be my protector. You did all the sweet things like staring into my eyes and bringing me flowers. Playing music and writing songs. Buying my meal and getting my door. I love you for that. But that's not why I love you. I love your passionate heart. In the midst of full time school, full time work, having two little boys 18 months apart and a crazy/emotional wife, you keep ME laughing and you keep ME strong. You have all this weight on your shoulders but yet you carry it all so well and you come home smiling. You never complain. You show me your love for me in your own special way. Through acts of kindness. Through hugging and kissing me. You want me home when you get home and I want to be home when you come home. You love spending time with your boys, but you always put spending time with me first and I can tell it is a priority for you. You work so hard, all week and you give it your all. I can't tell you how thankful I am for that and for setting high career goals. But none of that gets in the way of serving our Lord and being there for your family. 

To all the girls and women who set couple goals according to couples on social media:

Don't. 

Don't do that to yourself. There is nothing wrong with role models but don't get so consumed as to tag your boy friend or husband in a post and say "why don't you ever do this for me?" Even if it's in a joking way, that will hurt your man. Two words that should not exist within a relationship:

Comparing and complaining.

Comparison is a thief of joy and it can happen fast. Your life is not their life and your guy is not their guy. He might not show you his love for you extravagantly like that other guy shows his love for his girl friend or wife. That does not mean he loves you less extravagantly! 

(On another note if you don't feel loved and you are not married, you may want to evaluate your relationship before you make a commitment!) 

Complaining about the things your guy does/doesn't do is not supporting and loving him like we should be doing! 

Don't try to make your man someone he is not.

DO love him for who God made him to be and he will flourish! He will love you more for that. 

Let your man lead, even when he is not. Don't try to lead for him or he'll feel unneeded.

Pray for him! 

Also know that people tend to post the best things. Who wants to post about the fights and the hard days? There IS encouragement in that and I love to share things like that sometimes to be real. However, I know that I honestly love bragging about my husband and lifting him up in public, never tearing him down. 

My heart hurts for guy's and girl's who set goals from seeing stranger's pictures on social media. Set your goals high according to God's standards. Be realistic and know that people aren't perfect! 

Start by seeing and noticing the little things that your man does for you. Appreciate the little gestures of kindness and love. Do little acts of kindness for him too! Show him love. Never forget that out of all the girls in the world, he chose YOU. 

The less you complain and compare and the more you encourage and support, the more love and contentment you will feel! 

Proverbs 31:10-12 




No comments:

Post a Comment