2016 New Year Theme - "Give Me Jesus"



>><<

This was my view for a few beautiful minutes. He wouldn't nap, and all I wanted to do was read my bible and drink my iced coffee. He ended up running around everywhere but he sat next to me at one point to listen to me (and help me) read the bible. This is a season. And I love it. And it leads me to my "theme" this year.  

Everyone does words, and I love that idea. I actually never go into the new year thinking up a new word or theme. But for the past two years it's just kind of come without me even trying.  

Last year's "theme for the year" was "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30).

I felt so selfish. I still struggle with that. Being a mom is hard and I felt like all I ever did was give, give, give with nothing in return.  But I definitely didn't deserve a pat on the back. I needed an attitude change some days.  And this verse (and first off, God's unending and unfailing compassionate grace and love) helped me and changed my perspective.  An unselfish heart leads to less complaining about others.  I started to focus less on things that I could have done during the day (things that I wanted to do) and started focusing on the things that did get done. Things that mattered.  Putting God and others first brings less stress, and brought more of seeing the beauty in people.  I'm not TRYING to get a pat on the back either, because it's not me.  It's all Him. It's NOT ABOUT ME.  It's all for His glory.  God must always be the center. That verse went up on the chalkboard a lot. 

This year, I have been struggling to find time for my quiet time.  Well honestly it has been this way ever since having kids. I want to focus on God always. I want Jesus over anyone or anything! HE gave me life, HE died for me, HE is my King.  He deserves all the praise.  And He wants to have a relationship with me, his daughter.

It's hard for me to fathom that.  I am just so in awe of Him and His magnitude. The more I grow, the smaller I feel compared to Him. But not any less close to Him.  I don't want to take advantage of the cross.  He was persecuted, He died, He suffered physical agony and took the punishment for MY sins.  He took upon Himself the sin's of the WORLD. Wow. And the veil was torn, to no longer separate having a personal relationship between God and man.  I want to talk to my Savior every day, pray, read His word and grow closer to Him.

Give me Jesus.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust, destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 
m a t t h e w  6 : 1 9 - 2 1 
"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ."
p h i l i p p i a n s  3 : 8 
The lyrics to a beautiful song by Fernando Ortega:
"In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus, give me Jesus
You can have all this world
But give me Jesus

And when I am alone
Oh and when I am alone
And when I am alone
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus, give me Jesus
You can have all this world
But give me Jesus

And when I come to die
Oh and when I come to die
And when I come to die
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus, give me Jesus
You can have all this world
You can have all this world
You can have all this world
But give me Jesus"
And this song by Graham Kendrick:
All I once held dear, built my life upon
All this world reveres, and wars to own
All I once thought gain I have counted loss
Spent and worthless now, compared to this

Knowing you, Jesus
Knowing you, there is no greater thing
You're my all, you're the best
You're my joy, my righteousness
And I love you, Lord

Now my heart's desire is to know you more
To be found in you and known as yours
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All-surpassing gift of righteousness

Oh, to know the power of your risen life
And to know You in Your sufferings
To become like you in your death, my Lord
So with you to live and never die


Happy New Year friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment